Saturday, May 4, 2013

Academic Writing APA style

Three words: OH! MY! GOSH!!  This took me forever to do.  I didn't realize how rusty I had become where referencing comes in. I'm also hoping that I did the right thing by googleing first definition in the paper to find out who the author was.  It seemed most likely to be tied to an prof. named Charles Bonnell who does workshops and has written a book on the subject.  At any rate, that is who I gave credit to for the number 2 reference.  I have a new respect for my students who are just learning how to reference and cite sources. I now see how they get so confused, and well, down right irritated.  At any rate, I managed to muddle my way through and here are the results.  I can honestly say that I hope I don't have to do another one of these for awhile!

On a more positive note, however, there were some web sites out there that I found quite helpful.  As always, my old standby site for citations and such is the Purdue Owl.  I also found some helpful tools on eturabian.com.  Yes, I know what you're thinking, but "eturabian" has its namesake's formatting as well as APA and MLA formatting tools.

The NETS addressed in this assignment:
 
3. Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society. Teachers:
a.
demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations.
b.
collaborate with students, peers, parents, and community members using digital tools and resources to support student success and innovation.
c.
communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital age media and formats.
d.
model and facilitate effective use of current and emerging digital tools to locate, analyze, evaluate, and use information resources to support research and learning

No comments:

Post a Comment