Saturday, March 23, 2013

Self Grading Form

My self grading quiz was a few easy questions about Spring.  I had my son and husband take the quiz and they both answered all three questions correctly.  However, I wanted to see that I did everything correctly, so I changed their answers so they had some wrong. The spreadsheet worked great and the results were accurate.


I was actually surprised that this wasn't more time consuming.  When I first saw this assignment, I just groaned and shut the computer down thinking it would take me forever.  Of course it didn't help that I had the flu and a temperature of 102.  All that aside, however, this is an awesome tool!  I wish I would have known about this at the beginning of the year.  This will make my grading of tests so much easier. :)

This is also a great communication tool.  I could send questionnaires, etc. to parents and or students via Edline to both give and receive timely pertinent information.

My biggest challenge was to get the URL once I was out of the program.  I forgot to get it before I started my blog.  I like the fact that you can view both the quiz and the spreadsheet along with the fact that you can allow or disallow changing of responses.

One drawback I see is the fact that you must be online to use this tool.  Therefore, if you don't have a Google account, you need to get one.  Also, if your internet goes down, you cannot continue working.

The NETS most prevalently addressed in this assignment are;   5.  Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership, 5c evaluate and reflect on current research and professional practice on a regular basis to make effective use of existing and emerging digital tools and resources in support of student learning. d.  contribute to the effectiveness, vitality and self-renewal of the teaching profession and the school and community.  It is important that we as teachers not only keep up our skills but show students and the community that we are by employing tools such as Google forms in the public arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment