Saturday, January 26, 2013

Picasso Me

I went to to the Picasso Head link and created a self portrait.  I thought it was pretty interesting. It reminded me of creating a wii mii or an X-box avatar, but with a much more limited number of template choices.

I think I really need to try harder to think outside of the box. I had a hard time with the whole post modernism look on me.  I know that is pathetic, and I really have to expand my creative side, especially in today's cyber world.  This is something I will continue working on.  If you would like to see my masterpiece, and I use that term very loosely here, you can find it by clicking right here.  Or, you can simply look at the bottom of this post where I have snipped and pasted it onto this blog.

I found the application very easy to use and maneuver around in.  I really didn't experience any issues or difficulties with it.  I found the assignment both fun and educational.  My goal is to find more websites like this with which to start my classes.  The material I teach is pretty dry and repetitive.  Short five or ten minute activities like this one could be a good jumping off point to the heart of the lessons.

The standards used here clearly include number 1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity.  This activity supports and models creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.  We are taking something abstract and making it into something more tangible.  Also, for me, number 5; Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership, is at work here.  I am participating in a local learning community to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.

Thanks Dr. Pierce!!



No comments:

Post a Comment