Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Jing Screencast



I made my screencast movie about making a student award certificate using Microsoft Word. Once again, I'm happy to have another tool in my arsenal.  I don't think I will be using this one quite as much simply because of the classes that I teach and the way the book and my lesson are set up.  However, when doing special projects or group work, this could definitely hit a home run.  The biggest drawback I'd have using this as a student project tool would be time.  It could take quite a while for each group to get it right.  Unfortunately, time is always of the essence in any class.

Outcomes questions are as follows;
1.  By using the Jing selection tool, you literally just point, click and drag until you encompass the part of the screen that you want to record.
2.  You can save your screen capture as an image or a video; with or without sound and finally, you can upload to your account or put it out there so that the public can view it.
3.  My screen capture sun is in the upper center of my screen. All I have to do is point to it, and its ready to go.
4.  You can push to the internet or share with others by using the share button when you capture it or by going back into your history and sharing to screencast there.  Once its in screencast, you can then get the embedding code and embed it or link it wherever you want to.
 
I think the same NETS were prevalent here as in the last JING exercise. I see a strong emphasis on 1. Facilitate and Inspire student Learning and Creativity, #3- Model Digital-Age Work and Learning  Using a tool like this, especially putting something together in front of the class, is a great way to model and spark interest at the same time.  Once again, I also think this would be great to work on in groups to have the students polish up on their collaborative skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment