Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Jing Graphic

Let me start by saying that I love this little bit of sunshine on my computer.  I have actually already used it in my classroom.  I have included a snapshot of the graphic that I used on Monday.  My class broke into 4 groups according to what they thought were the best Super Bowl commercials.  (We all discussed, viewed and then voted for the top 4.)  Once in their groups, they are to work cooperatively to defend and present why the commercial they chose is the best in their opinions.  They have to include a technology piece in their presentations.  I met with the groups Tuesday and they will present tomorrow, Wednesday Feb. 6th.  I have to say that I am really proud of them.  From what I've seen, they've done an awesome job.

I find Jing very user friendly and self explanatory.  I like the extra features like text boxes and arrows.  Although the extra features are very limited, they are also very useful and convenient.
I do have a question though,  has anyone tried using Jing on a SmartBoard?  I downloaded it at school and the little sun pops up, but then I can't get it to work on the SmartBoard.  I tap and drag, but it just sits there. If anyone has had success with this, please let me know your secret.

Test Questions:
1.  All my Jing files have been saved as pictures.
2.  I save them in my pic files for school, family, youthgroup, etc.
3.  I access my Jing history on the middle ray of the little sun at the top of my screen.
4.  When you screencast an item from your history, it goes to screencast.com.
5.  I upload saved filed from Jing to my blog via my computer files.
6.  I publish my artifacts the same way as blog posts.  Am I doing this right?  Because I get the feeling that I am not. :(
7.  I share by hitting the share button when I post my blogs.  I check that they are public too.

I can see several NETS standards here.
1. Facilitate and Inspire student Learning and Creativity, #3- Model Digital-Age Work and Learning  Using a tool like this, especially putting something together in front of the class, is a great way to model and spark interest at the same time.  In this particular case, it also inspired creativity and collaboration among groups of students.

Here is the graphic I created for this lesson: You may view the full size graphic here.

No comments:

Post a Comment